Sunday, February 19, 2012

LA NINA

Things I didn't really understand about LA NINA that you may find interesting!! We are currently in a La Nina winter for those of you who did not know. 


"La Niña is characterized by unusually cold ocean temperatures in the Equatorial Pacific, compared to El Niño, which is characterized by unusually warm ocean temperatures in the Equatorial Pacific. "

"In the continental US, during El Niño years, temperatures in the winter are warmer than normal in the North Central States, and cooler than normal in the Southeast and the Southwest. During a La Niña year, winter temperatures are warmer than normal in the Southeast and cooler than normal in the Northwest."








So I would say our weather this year, even though it is not very characteristic of "winter weather", is actually very common for this time of year. 

I'll be updating on our weather for this upcoming week if you want to come back later! We are going to have a pretty good week except for a maybe a few pop up showers on Tuesday and Wednesday! I hope you all have a great day!


Used site: www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov  


No comments:

Post a Comment